I am a research associate at Cyber Security Lab (CSL), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore and my Ph.D study is supervised by Full Prof.Yang Liu at NTU. Before that, I was a research assistant at CSL. My research focuses on employing deep learning techniques to assist software engineering development as follows:
Program Semantics Comprehension. We aim at learning program semantics with deep learning techniques. We conduct a broad research to explore learning program semantics with different program structures. An empirical study is conducted to illustrate different program structures for learning program semantics (SANER 2022). We also employ GNNs to learn program semantics for various software engineering tasks such as software vulnerability detection (NeurIPS 2019), source code summarization (ICLR 2021), deep code search. A transformer-based model is also designed for repairing program compilation errors (ASE 2022).
Commit-level Applications. We design several tools for commits to facilitate software engineering development such as commit message generation (TSE 2020), security patch identification (TOSEM 2021, TDSC 2022). We also train a large-scale pre-trained model CommitBART to support commit-related classification tasks and generation tasks.
- (08/2022) Our paper “TransRepair: Context-aware Program Repair for Compilation Errors” is accepted by ASE22.
- (08/2022) Join ICLR 2023, AAAI 2023 as reviewers.
- (07/2022) Our paper “Enhancing Security Patch Identification by Capturing Structures in Commits” is accepted by TDSC.
- (04/2022) I have submitted my Ph.D thesis “Learning program semantics via exploring program structures with deep learning”.
- (03/2022) Join NeurIPS 2022 as reviewers.
- (01/2022) Join ICML 2022 as reviewers.
- (12/2021）Our paper “Learning Program Semantics with Code Representations: An Empirical Study” is accepted by SANER 2022.
- (6/2021) Join ICLR 2022 as reviewers.
- (5/2021) Our paper “SPI: Automated Identification of Security Patches via Commits” is accepted by TOSEM.
- (4/2021) Join NeurIPS 2021 as reviewers.
- (1/2021) Our paper “Retrieval-Augmented Generation for Code Summarization via Hybrid GNN” is accepted by ICLR 2021 (spotlight).